RSS Feed

Week 4: Water in Africa

March 29, 2012 by carlyd600   

This is Week 4 on the blogging challenge and this week’s challenge is to Make it Global, and this week we are suppose to find an issue that we are interested in and want to make a difference in or help. And my topic is going to be the Water in Africa. People in Africa are suffering and dying because of this bad water problem. National Geographics said: “Local water stream’s in Africa are polluted with Two billion tons of human and animal waste”. Living Water International said: “Nearly 90 percent of all diseases in the world are caused by Unsafe drinking water”.

“Which brings  2.2 million deaths each year“. “The lives of 5,000 children under the age of five die of water-related diseases, thats means one kid dies every 15 seconds”.We Have to make a difference in this problem, and help the people of Africa. We can help by building new clean water wells in Africa. Here are some charities that are helping this problem: water.org, Living water International, World Concern, National Geographics.

I hope you enjoyed my post and will make a difference in this world thank you 🙂

Click here to see a video about the Water of Africa

Leave comments in what you will do to stop this?

Photo Credits

Photo Credits

Photo Credits

7 Comments »

1. […] Girl Em, Ilaria, Carly, Collin, Adem, Nick, Riley, Chasen, Eli, Toby, Matthew, James, Cate, Shane, […]

2. Hello, Carly!
    My name is Jessica, and I am a student at the University of South Alabama in Mobile, AL. I can tell by your topic choice that you are a compassionate and considerate student who sincerely cares about the problems of others, even if they live thousands of miles away. The video attachment and pictures that accompany this blog really touched me and have inspired to me to be more conscious of the problems in Africa. My church has supported ministries that help dig wells for rural villagers in African countries that sometimes have to walk for miles to get any water, and most of that water is not safe for drinking. You can also go through THIS organization and instead of presents for your birthday, have people donate to help build wells in Africa. This was a great post for a great cause! Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading more of your posts!!

3. Tera says:

Wow, I did not know that!

4. emilys15 says:

hi carly! first off im a grade 7 student in Ontario, Canada. i play hockey and so many more sports. I love to take pictures and i wanna make a change in the world just like you!
    You seem really pasinate about this topic and your a great writer!
    vist my blog:http://pdcs10.edublogs.org/
    emily

5. faith says:

Hi Carly!
    I enjoyed your post on water problems. I love that you had so many facts in your post. I like your pictures of the kids getting water . What I will do to stop this is not to waste water when I am brushing my teeth by leaving the water running. Did you know that water can have a rotten egg smell to it because of hydrogen sulfide. Were did you find out about that one kid under the age of 5 dies every fifteen seconds?`
    Thank you,
    Faith

Attribution:
    Here is where I found out my information
    http://www.waterboss.com/commonwaterproblems.shtml

6. Mackenzie Sleight says:

hey Carly, I never knew that was happening in Africa, I cant believe that the lives of 5,000 kids under the age of five die because dirty drinking water. it must be hard to live some where were there’s no drinking water.
    here is the link to my blog… http://kindreemackenzie.edublogs.org/

7. Ashley says:

Hi Carly,
    I really like your blog! Did you know that out of the 100% of water source, only 2% of it is fresh water and the 98% of salt water. With our population hitting 6 billion people only 1/3 of all nations are suffering from no water. since 1951 our population has doubled by over 2 billion but our water has tripled. Where did you get the information? Do you believe some of the information isn’t true?

Sincerely,
    Ashley

Attribution:
    This is where I got my information
    http://www.uneca.org/awich/Water%20in%20Africa.pdf